I’ve been passionate about design since I first put a Mr. Sketch scented marker to paper. I enrolled at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in 2005, taking the Digital & Interactive Media Design Program with a focus in Web Design. After graduating with honours (and on the Dean’s List) two years later, I began working in the field as a web and graphic designer, initially in a small studio, and eventually as a freelancer. In 2010, I was approached by NAIT’s Digital Media & IT program, asking if I would be interested in instructing on a sessional basis. I’ve been an instructor at NAIT ever since, and now enjoy an SME position in the Visual Communications Design stream of the program. My students consistently inspire me with their work, attitudes, and enthusiasm. I owe a ton of my personal growth to their support.
I also work as a freelance designer, which is most likely what you came here for! These days, the vast majority of my work involves UI/UX, brand identity, and print, although I do still dabble in WordPress-based projects from time to time. If you think that your project would benefit from my skills, head over to the contact section to see my current availability.
In case you’re itching to learn a little bit about me as a person, fear not. I’ve got you covered.
- I really, REALLY like chinchillas. I have a few. I won’t tell you how many.
- I eat plants, just like a Maiasaura, which SHOULD be your favourite dinosaur.
- I spell favourite with a u, because Canada.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my all-time favorite video game, followed by Bloodborne.
- My main hobby is hiking through the woods and enticing small animals to eat from my hand so I can feel like a Disney princess.
- I love classic rock. My dad ensured that this would be the case by playing Rush’s 2112 album on repeat in my nursery.